Whilst print contributions are by invitation only, we do accept submissions for online publication. Here are some good things to know when submitting to us:
- Make sure the images are aligned with our aesthetics and storytelling (see BBG Moodboard)
- Include strong fashion credits (5-8 outfits)
- List wardrobe credits and season, the creative team, model and agency, as well as a detailed paragraph about the concept of the shoot.
- We prefer a wide image edit (4-5 images per outfit)
- We prefer the submission to be in single, small res image files rather than a laid-out PDF
- Final images in 2000px on the widest side (96 dpi)
- Please include a wide variety of different crops and angles: a mix of portrait and landscape and several options of close-up, medium and wide shots. Be careful not to include too many low-angle shots
- Images need to be exclusive to Boys by Girls and not published anywhere else, including your personal website and social media. Outtakes or similar content should also not be shared until the series is published
- We're looking for storytelling image series that feel authentic to the boy(s) featured. We love those in-between, incidental, non-posed moments where we really get a glimpse of the personality of the boy(s). Include a good blend of the boy(s) 'looking into' the camera and 'looking away' from the camera. Make sure to incorporate lots of movement and encourage the boy(s) to explore his/their environment. These elements really make for a cinematic image series which we favour.